Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Aug 19, 2008

I Worry, Because I am a Mother . . .


Last weekend we moved my son back to school. I was a bad blogger last spring, but no news was good news. He completed his freshman year with a 3.8 GPA and was selected as an Ambassador Scholar (the students who lead tours for the admissions office). This year's schedule looks more challenging to me academically, and he has chosen to live off-campus in an apartment with three other boys. Two of them I know fairly well. I am worried that he is over-confident after such a successful first year. I am worried that four 19-20 year old boys in their own apartment will party more than they will study. And I am not thrilled that he has decided to go through fraternity rush, even though I was a National Officer for my sorority for many years. My daughter, who is a senior in high school, laughs at my worries and tells me my son makes good decisions and will take care of himself, but I worry, because I am a mother!

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home