Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Feb 6, 2008

A Plug for the Parents' Association


Last weekend I was talking to the parent of another freshman. But that parent has a female freshman, and that makes a world of difference when it comes to the amount of information exchanged between parent and child. She mentioned something about the fires on campus, and luckily, I didn't have to respond with a blank look. You see, I knew all about it! Not because my darling son had so much as mentioned it to me, but because I had received several emails from the Parents' Association, keeping me up-to-date on the situation. These emails have been coming regularly all year, letting me know about the good, the bad, and the ugly, and I really do appreciate them. They let me know about important dates and functions on campus, as well as concerns and situations that less "open" instutitions might try to gloss over. It is rare that my son even thinks to mention any of this to me. So for those of you whose child quit keeping you up to date on school happenings about the time they quit pinning the school newsletter to his shirt, the emails from the Parent Association are a blessing. Make sure you join! You'll be glad you did, and I promise no one asked me to say this!

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home